Saturday, November 28, 2009

This has been a great week. We had our team retreat, the first with our new team, in a beautiful hotel nestled in a gorge in the mountains of northern Armenia. Then a great Thanksgiving feast with our team, and with our guest professor, Leslie , from North Central University. She just finished two weeks of classes for the bible college/ministry training program. She did an amazing job, the students gave us great feedback. Her class, world literature, is our only liberal arts course. I wish I could have been a part of the class, it sounded very interesting.

We have been staying busy since being back. I hope to blog more about our last two months in a later post.

We are getting ready for the holiday season. We will be celebrating Christmas (December 25th) with Olivia's parents in Maastricht, Netherlands, their new home city. Then back to Armenia on the 29th in time for New Years in Armenia, and Armenian Christmas (January 6th). We will be doing some food and gift distributions to poor families with church planters during the Holiday season. One of our church planters dresses up as Dzmer Papik, or Granpa Winter, who looks an awful lot like Santa Claus.

Tomorrow we are off to minister in Hrazdan with good friends, Tamar and Shushan and their family. Tamar and Shushan work with us on the Fire Bible project.

Pictures, I hope, will follow soon!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home